Homeschoolers have a reputation for excelling in an academic environment. Catholic homeschoolers have been excepted and have thrived at famous secular schools like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Cambridge, West Point, etc., but the institutions which undoubtedly most harmonize with the mission of Catholic homeschooling are the truly faithful Catholic colleges. These schools in particular love Catholic homeschoolers because of their commitment to the Faith and their academic training.
HomeschoolingCatholic.com is in the process of contacting these schools and trying to find out why they like Catholic homeschoolers and collecting exclusive comments from the respective Directors of Admission about homeschoolers at their schools.
So far we have had great success in getting responses. We have created a separate page for each school which has the comments from their Admissions Director (or other admissions officer), a video about that school, and a brief description on what makes each school unique.
So far the following schools have already submitted their comments (No school has refused to participate thus far, just because a school is not on this list yet does not mean they are not “homeschooling-friendly”. We are still in the process of adding to this section.)
- Ave Maria University (Ave Maria, FL)
- Christendom College (Front Royal, VA)
- College of St. Mary Magdalen (Warner, NH)
- Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
- John Paul the Great Catholic University (San Diego, CA)
- Thomas More College of the Liberal Arts (Merrimack, NH)
- University of St. Thomas (Houston, TX)
- Wyoming Catholic College (Lander, WY)